Have you ever fantasized about being a F1 driver? I would not fib; Go-Karts are nowhere near as speedy. But it’s the closest thing you can go through to being a competitive driver. In fact, Go-Karting is broadly contemplated to be the stepping stone to the higher motorsports ranks. There are some rules common across all the go-karting facilities:
- You would not be permitted to drive if you have heart or back problems (Consult with the doctor or any other experienced healthcare professional to know if you’re permitted to drive).
- If you have long hair, then your hair needs to be pulled back in a bun or ponytail.
- You must wear closed-toe shoes throughout driving.
- To be capable of racing, you must sign a relinquishment or get it signed by the parent if you are under eighteen.
Aside from such rules, each karting center has its own set of rules for minimum age/height requirements for entering the race (we’ve included the minimum needs of all the karting centers in this list, please check all the requirements before visiting).
Everything else containing the helmets, go-karts, etc., can be rented from the karting facility. You will simply have to arrive and drive (or make the online reservation).
The Best Go-Kart Racing Tracks Near Chicago:
Here’s the list of top Go-Kart Facilities to go to if you are in Chicago!
- K1 Speed: Nearby to Downtown Chicago
- Kart Circuit Autobahn: Alternative Outdoor Tracks
- Haunted Trails Burbank: Great for Children (four to nine-year-olds)
- Accelerate Indoor Speedway: Great for Indoor Go-Karting
- Concept Haulers Motor Speedway: Top Outdoor Tracks
Did you know that Chicago held the 1st automobile race in the US? The 1895 Chicago Times-Herald Race was actually held on Thanksgiving Day, 28 Nov 1895. Frank Duryea won the race finishing 52.4 miles in ten hours and twenty-three minutes!
Get Direction (Buffalo Grove):
- 301 Hastings Dr. Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Get Direction (Addison):
- 2381 E. Army Trail RD. Addison, IL 60101
- 60 inches (Adult Karts)
- 48 inches (Junior Karts)
- 1 Race: 23.95 dollars
- 2 Races: 42.95 dollars
- 3 Races:54.95 dollars
- Seven dollars annual membership (needed to be capable of racing)
Please go to their official website for the latest opening hours, pricing, and online bookings.
K1 Speed is the indoor go-karting facility; the center in Addison is the nearest karting center to downtown Chicago. You can certainly append this spot to the list of areas for celebrating the teen’s birthday. Teens like a great indoor go-karting facility, and the fast go-karts can really make their birthday unforgettable.
The go-karts in K1 are all electronic, and the adult karts can get to speeds as high as forty-five mph; the track designs can be located on the website. The only disadvantage of this place is that its speeds can be controlled remotely by the staff for safety reasons, which is significant obviously! But it also leads to numerous complaints from the drivers.
What Are People Saying About K1 Speed?
David Przybylski (Google Review): Amazing place to go; there are two indoor tracks and a bar on-site. The staff contact was okay. The space was clean when I was there. The site is simple to locate and to get in/out from. I would suggest going later in the day as the ones left tend to be older or decent at the tracks there.
Kart Circuit Autobahn:
- 1801 Centerpoint Way, Joliet, IL 60436
- Age: 14 years +
- 1 Race: 30 dollars
- 3 Races: 80 dollars
- 5 Races: 130 dollars
- 10 Races: 250 dollars
Races are ten minutes long. Please go to the website for the latest opening hours, pricing, and online bookings. Kart Circuit Autobahn is a fragment of the well-known Autobahn Country Club Motorsports Complex; it’s a great alternative to CHMS for rental outdoor Go-Karts. Their rental karts are marketed to be capable of hitting fifty-five mph!
Aside from the Arrive and Drive, they also provide memberships for infinite track access and frequently organize different leagues for the members (check the website for more details about leagues). In general, it is an awesome place for go-karting and absolutely worth visiting if you desire to experience outdoor go-karting.
What Are People Saying About Kart Circuit Autobahn?
Jim Graveline (Google Review): The staff here is very professional. Was patiently clarified what was required to go on the trail for Sprint. I had a blast on the trail as the 1st-time driver. The environment was remarkably clean, and a decent dinner was certainly above par. The go-cart trail is well above par with others I have been on. We’ll be back for sure.
Haunted Trails Burbank
- 7759 S. Harlem Ave., Burbank, IL 60459
- 54 inches and above (Adult Karts)
- 42 inches to 53 inches (Junior Karts)
- 16 years+ for driving the two-seater
- 36 inches for riding in a two-seater
- 8.00 dollars/Ride
- 6.00 dollars/Ride
Please go to the website for the latest opening hours, pricing, and online bookings.
It is a year-round Halloween-themed family amusement park that provides much more than go-karting; they have a batting cage, mini-golf, and a lot more. The low height needed for riding a go-kart here makes them a great option in Chicago for the younger children (four to nine-year-olds); you can anticipate having a great day out with your family for an extremely reasonable price here.
What Are People Saying About Haunted Trails Burbank?
Patricia Roman (Google Review): My children had a great time! It was well kept and clean. I loved that there was a small go-kart track for children under 53′, so my petite ten-year-old could really drive. The staff was welcoming. We went to the birthday party, and I believed it was an awesome package. We’re kept busy for three hours after the food, etc.
Accelerate Indoor Speedway:
- Accelerate Indoor Speedway and Events – Chicago, 8580 Springlake Dr, Mokena, IL 60448, United States
- 56 inches and thirteen years or above (Adult Karts)